BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

movie reviews

I forgot to mention that Nick and I went to THREE movies this weekend again. We really should seek professional help for our addiction. Here's the goods:

Untraceable: Diane Lane thriller. Actually better than I thought it would be. Interesting, not too gruesome, exciting.

The Savages: Laura Linney and Philip Seymour Hoffman. So good. They play a brother and sister who have to start taking care of their aging father. Anything that Philip Seymour does, I am there. He gets lost in every character he plays. I forget I'm really watching him instead of an actual person. I sent Tyler a text during the movie that said, "I'm watching the Savages right now and it's like looking into our future." Except of course we love our Dad and wouldn't stick him in a third rate nursing home. Or would we?!

Sweeney Todd: Nick and Beacon went to see Rambo, but there's no way I could sit through that. I'm still not sure what I think of Sweeney. I guess it's strange seeing a sad musical. Who sings when they are sad? I think I was just too tired for this one Saturday night. I didn't love it.

Also go see There Will Be Blood. So well done. You know it's a good movie when you are literally squirming in your seat because you don't know what the crazy main character will do next.

1 comments:

Kara said...

i am officially the new mom that is out of the loop. or maybe it's the fact that we live in an entertainment black hole....
either way...i have never seen-no heard of- any of the movies you just listed.
i am a loser.
i will put up the next installment of 'How I Became a Sheets' tonight...hopefully....