BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

100 Nay Facts

It was a long weekend....

  1. I was born in Broken Bow, Nebraska.
  2. I was the heaviest baby born in the hospital; 10 pounds, 12 ounces.
  3. I'm deathly afraid of dinosaurs (in movies, obviously) and whales.
  4. I used to be afraid of sharks, but surprisingly I'm not so much anymore. Getting used to them?
  5. I feel very narcissistic writing all these facts about myself.
  6. 90% of the TV I watch is on my computer or on DVD. Rarely, do I turn on the television to watch my favorite shows.
  7. I have an embarrassing long list of favorite TV shows: The Office, Ugly Betty, Brothers and Sisters, The Hills, Peep Show, Gilmore Girls, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Shield, Coupling, The Vicar of Dibley, Bridezillas, Big Love, Entourage, 30 Rock, Sex and the City, Grey's Anatomy, Arrested Development, Project Runway
  8. I am NOT a fan of most reality TV: American Idol, The Bachelor, Survivor, Big Brother, The Real World. All of the the people on those shows are self-centered losers.
  9. Nick and I had our first date on April 21, 2004 and our first kiss on May 21, 2004.
  10. He kissed me to get me to stop talking.
  11. I read about the same 20 books every year, very rarely do I let new books into the rotation.
  12. My first car was a 1997 red jeep wrangler and I loved that car.
  13. My next car was a green nisaan sentra and I hated that car.
  14. My next car (also my current car) is a white toyota corolla and I like the car very much.
  15. She doesn't have cruise control and the radio is acting up.
  16. Her name is Maggie.
  17. I'm seriously considering naming my first daughter Maggie. It's been my favorite name for a long time.
  18. I love to listen to talk radio, hate most current music.
  19. Politicians makes me want to scream. Egomaniacs, the lot of them.
  20. I watch a lot of British TV. Sometimes the accent carries over to my real life.
  21. I recently discovered I can watch unlimited episodes of Saved By the Bell on Netflix.
  22. The show has absolutely no continuity whatsoever. It's annoying.
  23. I can't stop watching it.
  24. I am a counselor at an agency in Midwest City, Oklahoma.
  25. I mostly love my job. Sometimes it's overwhelming.
  26. I work mainly with kids and they're hysterical.
  27. I'd tell you more about them, but there's this pesky thing called client-therapist confidentiality.
  28. I wore my hair in a bun for about 5 years until I discovered the flat iron.
  29. It changed my life. I have since turned at least 5 of my friends onto the flat iron.
  30. I have since stopped flat ironing my hair and started embracing my natural curls.
  31. By the end of the day, my hair is usually in a ponytail or pigtails.
  32. My hair color is my best feature.
  33. Nick just read that and said, “that's debatable” and then checked out my rack.
  34. My hair was jet black when I was born, turned red and curly, went red and straight and now is somewhere in between.
  35. I hate spending money on clothes.
  36. I'd rather spend money on movies, entertainment and scrapbooking stuff.
  37. I like to scrapbook but it's taken me 7 months to make about 6 pages of my wedding scrapbook.
  38. No one makes me laugh harder than my mom, dad, brother, brother's girlfriend and husband.
  39. I've never broken a bone.
  40. Nick has taken up photography as a hobby.
  41. It gets annoying having a camera in my face all the time.
  42. I wish I could cook.
  43. I'm a better baker than a cook.
  44. I'm not much of a drinker. I go for months without a drink. Probably because when I DO drink, I drink a bit too much and am turned off alcohol for awhile.
  45. I'm a bit scared of heights. Not so much in a plane, but when I'm only surrounded by air.
  46. I hate tomatoes, but tomato soup is in my top 3 favorite food.
  47. I'm watching the Saved By The Bell episode where Jessie's stepbrother comes to town and everyone hates him at first but then they decide they like him and convince him to stay in LA instead of moving to NY. He agrees to stay and then is never seen again.
  48. I absolutely cannot apply eyeliner.
  49. This weekend I got a makeover at Sephora. The guy put so much eye makeup on me, it took seven cotton balls to get all of it off my face later that night.
  50. I can't believe I'm only halfway done with this.
  51. As a therapist I'm always very offended when therapists sleep with their patients on tv and movies.
  52. I feel like that is SO unbelievable, but it real life that is the #1 reason therapists lose their licenses.
  53. My least favorite chore is putting away laundry. Most of the time we end up pulling clean, folded clothes out of the hamper to wear.
  54. I also hate going to the grocery store and try to figure out how to get Nick to go without me.
  55. Nick and I drink about a CASE of diet coke every 2 weeks.
  56. We're losing our short term memory because of the aspartame in the diet coke, but we can't cut back.
  57. I hate drinking water.
  58. Nick and I are trying to watch all the best picture nominated films since 1970. We've seen about 95 out of 195. Yikes.
  59. So far the favorites have been Chinatown, Deer Hunter and Coming Home.
  60. I planned on being an elementary school teacher my whole life until I took a psychology class freshman year and was hooked.
  61. I've been out of the country 3 times. All three times I went on a cruise to the same beach in Cozumel, Mexico.
  62. I collect baby-sitter club books.
  63. I have about 150 of them.
  64. Our books are arranged on our shelf by color.
  65. I am a terrible decorator.
  66. I LOVE to dance. In my car, at home, at work anywhere.
  67. Nick and I go to the movies about 3 times a month.
  68. I don't think we'll turn into those people who say they “don't have time to see movies.”
  69. I have very lame taste in music. I blame my parents.
  70. Even though I am a married lady now, I still look at wedding planning websites.
  71. I chipped my tooth when I was eight years old. I never got it fixed.
  72. I use terrible language. I cuss all the time.
  73. My kids are going to be the potty mouthed ones on the playground.
  74. I love playing board games but Nick gets mad at me when I win so I avoid playing with him.
  75. Nick and I did not live in the same state until 2 months after we were engaged.
  76. I read magazines and books in the car. While driving.
  77. I like to talk to kids in grocery stores.
  78. I had a crush on Nick the first time I met him.
  79. One of my pet peeves in movies is when there is a strong woman who comes across kind of bitchy and says she doesn't need a man and then she gets drunk and admits that she is lonely and falls all over the man. Examples: The Wedding Planner, Medicine Man, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Two Weeks Notice and many more.
  80. I think I could eat pizza everyday for the rest of my life.
  81. I used to think fall was my favorite time of year but end of spring/beginning of summer is changing my mind. The weather brings back some strong memories.
  82. My engagement ring is a moissanite, not a diamond. The reasons for this are: a) I didn't want Nick to spend a fortune on something I will probably lose, but I also didn't want a tiny speck of a stone on my ring. b) The markup on diamonds is so ridiculous, I can't even talk about it. c) Diamonds aren't rare and the reason they are so expensive is because the DeBeers company controls the market.
  83. If I had my way all my children would be girls.
  84. Nick has turned me onto football. We've been to 2 Jets game and they lost both times.
  85. I really want to ride on a Segue and a moped someday.
  86. I'm shopping for a bike right now.
  87. I've always felt there is something so magical about summer nights. They make me wish I could go back to high school.
  88. I've got the baby fever real bad right now, but Nick won't let me.
  89. I used to be more extroverted, but now I feel very anxious in large groups of people.
  90. I love office supplies.
  91. I read a lot of blogs of people that I don't know, or I just went to high school or college with, but we're not really friends.
  92. I think everyone probably does this, but we all keep it a secret.
  93. I like cats more than dogs and I think it's stupid how people can say they hate cats but if you say you hate dogs, they look at you like you said you hate money or democracy or something.
  94. I'm a total slob
  95. I hate being woken up by a loud clap of thunder. I usually sleep badly for the rest of the night after it happens because I'm waiting for it to happen again.
  96. I used to have a fairly good singing voice but I feel like it is getting worse the older I get.
  97. The bathroom at Target smells like my kindergarten class in Ohio.
  98. I want to get my brain scanned.
  99. Going to the movies is my favorite date. Going to a bookstore is second.
  100. I'm going through a phase right now where if I agree to hang out with someone or go somewhere, as soon as I get there I want to leave.

0 comments: