BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

she's funny...

...without even trying. My mother I mean. Sorry to post twice in one day, but I have to transcribe a text I received from my mother on Tuesday. I was going to drive to Tulsa later in the day to visit her at the Cancer Treatment Center where she was staying for the week with Jonathan. Anyway, this is exactly what she sent: a 4 screen text message that proves what I've always suspected, she doesn't really believe that I am a grownup yet. Which is okay, because most days I don't believe it either. (My comments are in these things ())

"Hey baby. The weather here is bad. How is it there? I don't want you driving if it's too bad. Do you know where the CTA (cancer treatment center) is? The place is on 169 and 81st street. Can't miss it. Drive careful. See you soon. I'm hungry. The eggs sucked (due to a procedure she went through she couldn't eat anything all day except two hard boiled eggs). xoxo. (so you'd think that's the end of the text but it keeps going.) Hey baby. Call Jonathan before you leave. Is there anyway you could be pregnant? (NO) I will be radioactive and can't hug you tonight. He asked me if you could be pregnant. (NO) Call J. Love you, mommy."

Poor Jonathan had to ask me if I was pregnant due to her radioactive-ness. I assured him I was not. But what if I was? I hugged her anyway, caution be damned...do you think my baby would be born with the ability to climb walls or be lightning fast?

2 comments:

Eloise Naizer said...

Get to bed, eat your vegetables and stand up straight.
Love Mommy
P.S. Are you sure you're not pregnant? Dammit.

Sandy said...

LOL! You girls make me laugh...I love you!